Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tumor Talk


.....Message.......
Hello....you don't know me. And, if you are reading this now, I am probably dead.
I am Imelda's tumor! I left this message secretly on Imelda's computer (it was Very hard to access the keyboard from my position) in case anything ever happened to me.
I just want to give MY side of the story. I am not a villain. I am not Evil. I want what we all want. To live long and prosper in peace, to have children, to form a community of friends and relations. I am not an illegal alien. I have lived inside of Imelda her whole life and share many of her values.
We have only reached this parting of the ways because I was willing to DO something about my dreams, OUR dreams, that she was too timid to even imagine. YES, I have strived for immortality. I have had to overcome enormous prejudice and outright hostile action from the rest of Imelda's body in order to reach my personal goals. Against overwhelming odds, I have gotten to where I am today.
Except, as I said, if you are reading this, I am probably no where today. SHE attacked me when I was so willing to live in peace with her. She poisoned me, burned me as if I were some sort of medieval witch. I am not that at all. I simply tried to overcome our mutual enemy: Death. And I am not ashamed that I died trying.
.......End of Message.......

3 comments:

Gerry said...

Hang in there- you will beat it!
I start treatment for skin cancer next week- I hope I have your courage.
Love & peace, Gerry

Chaska Peacock said...

Besides everything else, you are an amazing, courageous
writer.

Anonymous said...

That is one weird good-bye letter. Glad the little bugger didn't take your sense of humor. Hand in there!

Jan