Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chemo and more chemo


Yeah, it's my sixth and last week. But no celebrations yet. I have to go thru the whole Chemo regime all over again.
That means a nice big dose of Mitomycin on Monday and then a whole week of that damn 5-FU in it's little evil yellow balloon. God I hate that stuff.
My gums turn white, my blood looks watery and everything taste bad.
This time is worse then the first. My energy level really plummets. I feel like I'm constantly walking uphill and it all seems a whole lot heavier then before.
On the plus side, I know that all the worse symptoms of the chemo will end in a couple of weeks.
Of course there are all those latent 'side effects' like heart disease and blood problems...but I'm only gonna deal with the ones I can immediately feel.

No comments: