Friday, June 17, 2011

Hair today/Gone tomorrow


Let's fast forward to week 4. That's when all the fun really began.
I started to lose my hair, lots of it. Here's one morning's worth. I continue to lose the hair at that rate for about 10 days and then it slows to just 'a lot' . Thank goodness I really have a lot, cause it hardly shows at all. But I can feel it. I'm down to about half of what I had. What will happen when I get the next dose of chemo?
Oh, let me add, that some people don't care about hair loss, like my brother Jon who, coincidentally, has a lot of hair loss himself. And many women don't care too. GOOD FOR THEM!
But I care. It's the outward manifestation of an inward fuck up, to paraphrase the Baltimore catechism.

1 comment:

Helen Marshall said...

Hi - it's interesting how different each reaction to chemo is. I did not lose any hair except "down below" - and it came back...I was hoping that I'd lose those nasty little hairs that grow on your chin, but no!!

It WILL come back...