Friday, July 15, 2011

Painkillers, Part 3: Alternatives


I was desperate to find some alternative to painkillers. Almost all of them seem to cause constipation, which would mean 'playing around' to find the right combo that wouldn't leave me seesawing between diarrhea and constipation. I really didn't feel up to all that and I realized that my main problem was sleep. During the day, I didn't use any painkillers because being active, even just reading or watching TV, was enough of a distraction. But once I was in bed, I was alone with my pains and even though they weren't huge, they did keep me awake.
Voila! I thought of marijuana. Besides fun, it's mainly used for nausea, but there were reports that it dulled pain. I won't say where I got it from, but a couple of joints were donated to me. THANKS!!
I did try it. First off, even not inhaling deeply, it really burned up my lungs and throat. Laying in bed afterwards, my throat hurt more than my butt. But after awhile, all the pain did go away. So it was working!!!
Sort of....but I was left in this fugue state, not really asleep, just sort of comatose.
"Do you feel like laughing?", I asked myself. The answer was no. "Do you feel hungry?". Again: no. Just laying there, unable to sleep, albeit painfree.
Somehow, this wasn't working either. Hopefully, Part 4 will be the end of my quest for pain relief AND sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny, yesterday I was wondering if pot would be an answer to what ails you. It's good that you got to try it. Like anything else I guess it works differently on each person and there's different qualities of seeds...not that I would know anything about that. :)

Jan