Monday, May 30, 2011

The Port, Part two


I don't know what they injected me with, but I was awake and chatting with the doctor for the whole procedure and didn't feel the slightest thing. Only when I got home did I realize how mauled I had been. I am using here my human avatar to show you just how black and blue I ended up.
The doctor made a little cut up near my clavicle, threaded a tube thru a vein and brought the tube down into the port, just above my breast. It looks like he did an awful lot of excavating to find the perfect placement.
The port itself is about the size of a quarter. After the bruising died down and the cut healed up a bit, I was able to use my arm in all the usual ways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...that's a bit of bruising but glad you could observe and be comfortable.

Hugs...Jan C.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What kind of doctor did that?? I had a bruise about 1/10th the size of that...I hope it will be healed by the time you start the chemo...

Helen Marshall